Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A few weeks back I stopped at Joe's Beerman in Peckville and I picked up a case of Victory Beer Samples. Victory is one of my favorite beers and the sample packs come with one of my all time favorites, Golden Monkey.  The Prima Pils and Hop Devil pair nicely with the Monkey when I want more then just a few beers. The Monkey is not a Session Beer and the Pils for the most part pairs nicely if you alternate them. Being a Hop Head it's been kinda of frustrating trying to find a nice hoppy beer I can enjoy for a session beer for the summer months and with the summer quickly approaching I'm on the hunt again.
After paying for my case and putting in my car I couldn't help but notice a tent pitched outside Joe's and quickly noticed it was setup for a beer taste test...........Well, not wanted to be disrespectful, I agreed to try one of the Beers.  It was a Stegmaier IPA.  As I stood there slowly sipping on my freebie, swishing it around my mouth to make absolutely sure all my taste buds get a taste. After 2 or 3 swishes I felt not all by taste buds have had there deserved shot at said free beer, so I asked how much a case was and asked for another taste. After a few more Swishes I was pleasantly surprised with what my taste buds were experiencing. Now I'm not saying the Stegmaier IPA will take your taste buds by the testicles and slap them around, but for less then $20.00 a case I think I can definitely handle this for a session beer for the summer, which makes Stegmaier my BEER OF THE MONTH OF MAY, As well as my session beer of the summer. And the best part of this is Stegmaier IPA's will be available in stores mid-May as a 4pk selection of 16 oz Cans.

No comments:

Post a Comment