Sunday, May 6, 2012

Another Weekend Comes to a Close.

Well it's here, Sunday Night. The Close of another half decent weekend. Not a bad one for the most part. I think the Weather being nice and the fact that we're all jones'n for he summer pushed the Nice Weekend Level up a few notches. Didn't do everything I wanted to do but I guess I did enough. Took in the Pens Hockey Game on Saturday Night and of Course they lost. Didn't get a chance to see how they made out today. Couldn't bring my camera in because they said my lens was too long. It's amazing some looks you get when you say "Thank You" when they say your lens is to long. I owe Doug Dunkle a beer. Sunday wasn't the most productive day as far as fishing goes. Went to the back end of the Lackawanna State Park and it seems everything is a month ahead of time, the algae is already making it to difficult to fish it so we decided to take a ride out to the Lackawaxen River for a little trout fishing. We picked up tyler and we were on our way. There were alot of fisherman out today and we stopped at the first open parking spot we found.  We make our way down and I casted into the river testing the poles. It only took 3 casts and we got one, Actually Terra got two.  Two Ticks on her pants that she noticed and we wern't there 5 minutes. So We made our way back to the car, did a quick tick check, a quick tick spray down and we made our way further down river. Seems the last couple of years the ticks are really getting bad out there. We drove down river and made our way to the Roebling Bridge and having skipped breakfast I suggested a quick snack stop in Barryville.  2 Mambo Hoagies, 1 Roast Beef Sandwich, 1 Bowl of Chile, 4 Pepper Shooters, 1 Bag of Chips, 1 Bag of Hot Onion Rings, 1 Can of Molson Ice and $37.00 later we we're off again, stopping along the Delaware.  No Fish to brag of but a good day. A Bad Day Fishing is Better then a Good Day at Work someone once wrote and I have to agree with them. After a brief nap and 2 Steg IPA's I'm waiting for my Banana Split that the Wife is about to deliver. Like I say, not a memorable weekend but a decent one.
Did the "LIFE" and "LOVE" thing today, sorry no "LEFTOVERS" they'll come tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment